MyBeautyTM Tourism – Malaysia’s Beauty Tourism Hub of The World
Additionally, we have prepared an additional easy to read document that complements this policy, with the intent of providing full transparency over how MyBeautyTM Tourism collects your data via MyBeautyTM Tourism’s online tourist mobile solution called MyBeautyTM Tourism Mobile App (“MyBeautyTM App”) and how it is used:
What personal information does MyBeautyTM App collect?
When you use the service, MyBeautyTM App automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser or mobile platform, including your location, IP address, cookie information, and the page you requested. We treat this data as non-personal information, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. MyBeautyTM App only uses this data in aggregate form. We may provide aggregate information to our partners about how our customers, collectively, use our site, so that our partners may also understand how often people use their services and our Service.
Personal Information about our users is an integral part of our business. We neither rent nor sell your Personal Information to anyone. MyBeautyTM App may share your personal information only as described below.
- Partners & Vendors: We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you. Our partners and vendors do not have any right to use personal information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us, and they provide a comparable level of protection for your personal information.
- Partners & Associate: Partners & Associates participating in the MyBeautyTM App platform will not have any access to your personal information, with the exception of your name and membership number, the number of gift cards you have in your account whenever you wish to redeem a voucher, and whether you have selected their store as your Favourite. Any information provided to merchants regarding their customers is provided only in aggregate. No specific statistical information is provided to merchants and in any case, the information is provided in aggregate form only. When advertising on MyBeautyTM App, MyBeautyTM App can target specific groups of users based on their demographics and usage behaviour. This targeting is not by name, and merchants are not informed of which individual users have seen their advertisements.
- Friend: Your “friends” may see whenever you grab or redeem a special, redeem a reward, select a store as a Favourite, or submit a review. Individuals reading this information may use it or disclose it to other individuals or entities without our control and without your knowledge.
- Information Shared with Everyone: The only information shared publicly (beyond your list of friends) is reviews you leave on participating merchants. Your name will only be displayed with a first name and initial. No additional personal information is revealed publicly.
Sharing with Partners, in connection with business transfers, and for the protection of MyBeautyTM Tourism and others:
- Our Partners: In addition to the data sharing described above, we may enter into relationships with a variety of businesses and work closely with them. In certain situations, these businesses may sell items or provide promotions to you through MyBeautyTM App’s Service. In other situations, MyBeautyTM App may provide services, or sell products jointly with these businesses. Under none of these situations would MyBeautyTM App provide personal information to a business partner.
- Business Transfer: In addition to the data sharing described above, we may enter into relationships with a variety of businesses and work closely with them. In certain situations, these businesses may sell items or provide promotions to you through MyBeautyTM App’s service. In other situations, MyBeautyTM App may provide services, or sell products jointly with these businesses. Under none of these situations would MyBeautyTM App provide personal information to a business partner.
- Protection of MyBeautyTM App and others: We may release personal information when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to comply with the law, including laws outside your country of residence; enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of MyBeautyTM App, our employees, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations (including outside of your country of residence) for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
What about Cookies and similar technologies?
Is personal information about me secure?
Your MyBeautyTM App account personal information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You need to prevent unauthorised access to your account and personal information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately, and limiting access to your computer and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
MyBeautyTM App endeavours to safeguard user information to ensure that user account information is kept private. However, MyBeautyTM App cannot guarantee the security of user account information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time.
Please note that this site is hosted on computer servers in the Malaysia. Therefore, your information is processed and stored in the Malaysia. As a result, Malaysia federal and state governments, courts, or law enforcement or regulatory agencies may be able to obtain disclosure of your information through laws applicable in Malaysia. Your use of this site or the service or your submission of any personal information to us will constitute your consent to the transfer of your personal information outside of your home country, including the Malaysia, which may provide for different data protection rules than in your country.
Should you ever decide to delete your MyBeautyTM App account, you may do so by clicking on the “delete account” link on your account settings page. If you terminate your account, your profile, including your voucher purchases, e-Voucher you received, your user submissions (as defined in MyBeautyTM App’s Terms of Service) and any promotional offers you received, will be removed from the site and deleted from MyBeautyTM App’s servers. Because of the way we maintain MyBeautyTM App, such deletion may not be immediate, and residual copies of your profile information or posts may remain on backup media for up to ninety (90) days.
How is information removed from My Account?
Even after you remove information from your account or profile, copies of that information may remain viewable elsewhere, to the extent it has been shared with others, it was otherwise distributed pursuant to your privacy settings, or it was copied or stored by other users. Removed and deleted information may remain on backup media for up to ninety (90) days prior to being deleted from our servers.
What if I have question or concerns?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy using the service, please send a detailed message to: i[email protected] We will make every effort to resolve your concerns.